Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 FAQ issued by Pentax Europe

Pentax Germany has released an FAQ with some interesting answers regarding the K-7.

I quote the Google translation here:

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Germany:
Questions, answers and instructions for use:

Since when is the PENTAX K-7 be available?
The camera is available now, but by the end of July with waiting times expected.

Where can I get the K-7 See?
Spread across the whole of Germany there are "premium PENTAX dealer. These traders the camera can perform. Now is also the possibility of the camera to the PENTAX Info Events in the hands. Dates below PENTAX - Digitalkameras, Spiegelreflexkameras, DSLR, SLR, Objektive, Ferngläser, Spektive und Endoskope - PENTAX Europe GmbH

What material is the battery grip D-BG4 produced?
The D-BG4 consists of plastic

Is there the option of remote control via PC?
Currently there are no remote control for the K-7

If the flash control of the P-TTL auto improved?
Yes the 77-segment metering, the flash control strongly been improved

Why no offers PENTAX cover for the monitor?
The 3 "display is made from a specially hardened and hardened plastic, and can only be under considerable effort scratch.

Formatting in the K-7 is cumbersome than in previous models.
In the K-7 is the function for formatting as well as in the reachable Vorgändermodellen. In order to function "Format" menu, it only Menu button pressed, the front dial one click to the left then also the rear dial one click to the left turn, and the page formatting may be used.

What requirements must an external microphone to meet?
It is recommended that:
- Stereo Condenser Microphone
- Impedance 2.2k?
- Jack φ3.5mm

Sometimes the camera is indeed quite slow, what could be the reason?
The camera combines the functionality of aberration in the camera to be expected. This calculation process requires a computer already in considerable time, so that in the camera a certain time is required. Often, this function is the Cause for longer periods.

I've noticed that many images are particularly noisy.
The K-7 offers the camera settings menu under the "dynamic Adjustment "In the highlights are overexposed areas of Correction weakened. With this function, the input sensitivity at ISO 200 raised. This feature has rarely negative impact on the image. The second option concerns the shadow correction. Dark areas are electronically increased. Depending on the strength of correction, the image noise increases.

When you turn the camera the camera makes a strange noise. A strange "noise and beep 'is heard.
In the K-7, the aperture control with an engine provide. Once this with Power, he goes into the standby position. The difference between old / new and mechanically / electronically is using old KObjektiven audible when the Abblendtaste engaged. The sensor cleaning in the K-7 ultrasound done on base. This process can by a high frequency sound perception.

When I unpacked my new camera had was a loose part in the camera, whenever the camera, I noticed you mix it well.
PENTAX cameras are equipped with a "Shake Reduction" provide unity. This is the Sensor moving in a massive metal framework. By necessary space around the sensor, can be perceived movement.

PENTAX Europe GmbH
[Source: http://media.pentax.de/downloads/photo/de/17531/Fragen%20und%20Antworten.pdf]

07-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just so you guys know, every time I translate a recipe from German to English, these are the kinds of directions I get. It's no wonder why I'm not the best cook in the world
07-15-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
Just so you guys know, every time I translate a recipe from German to English, these are the kinds of directions I get. It's no wonder why I'm not the best cook in the world
HA! Very humorous.

mutters
07-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Not Pentax Europe as stated in the thread title... Pentax Germany as in you post... ;-) The K-7 is still not here in Belgium, and we're only next door...

Interesting for the rest, but most things are known already from observations by various testers/owners. Good thing to see things in one source though. Hope it will grow since it seems a bit short?

Wim

07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Not Pentax Europe as stated in the thread title... Pentax Germany as in you post... ;-)
Despite the fact the European HQ were moved to Paris, they still signed the FAQ with Pentax Europe GmbH